St. Joseph's School for Deaf Boys: Cabra, 1857-2007

Autor/a: BREEN, Liam (ed.); BRESLIN, David (ed.)
Año: 2007
Editorial: Cabra: St. Joseph's Deaf Heritage Centre Publications, 2007
Tipo de código: Copyright
Soporte: Papel




St Joseph’s School for Deaf Boys, Cabra (‘Cabra’) was founded in 1856 by the Catholic Institute for the Deaf as a residential school for deaf Catholic boys. The Catholic Institute invited the Christian Brothers to manage the School and, after some persuasion, they agreed. The School opened in 1857, and the Christian Brothers managed it until 2000. The School today is under the trusteeship of the Catholic Institute for Deaf People, formerly the Catholic Institute for the Deaf.